Overall these past two weeks have had a great impact on me. While two weeks is not a lot of time to make life changing habits, most habits do require minimum 3 – 4 weeks to get established, by writing a post each day it’s held me accountable to what I hold most important. Looking back on the posts I’m thrilled by what I did and what I did not do. Sometimes what I say no to is more important than what I say yes to.
Here’s what I did every day:
- morning devotions with my wife
- at least 2 meals with my family (and typically all 3)
- one form of working out
- biblical meditation
These are great pillars I look forward to continuing.
Other things I’m grateful for:
- my solo day away, very refreshing
- doing the hard, intense workouts from livestrong.com
- slowly making the transition out of my previous job and into a new one
- a lot of sauna time
I’m off now to an overnight men’s retreat to close out the two-week recalibration. Grateful.