I’m starting this blog mid-day because I have to break the pull that is in me right now. Taking action to make sure I redeem the time rather than let myself slip into an hour or two of unfocused activity.
The day started great, went to a morning bible study and breakfast with my dad and a couple dozen other men. Great discussions on the sufficiency of Christ.
I got home, kissed my wife and kids as they headed to the school room. I have this open day and then I find myself checking and worrying about being productive rather than simply being still. It’s then I receive an email from a friend with these verses:
“Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.”—Zechariah 2:13This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.”—Isaiah 30:15But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!—2 Corinthians 12:9 amp
Today, I spent time doing the following:
- Men’s bible study and breakfast
- Getting sidetracked in social media and frivolous activities
- Doing a few errands to change scenery and get away from the screen
- 35 mins of intense plyo
- 25 mins of sauna
- daughters bball game and dinner
- end of day recap
What I liked about today:
- That I caught myself getting off track and took action to escape and redeem the time
- I pushed myself really hard with the workout and my body is thanking me tonight
- Watching my daughter absolutely love playing a team sport and running up and down the court. And seeing how even after one week she’s already figuring things out.
- It’s Friday, and it wasn’t a long, stressful week.