Today reminded me why I appreciate Michael Hyatt’s post on morning rituals sooo much. Read it here, I did this faithfully a few years ago and it became a habit that has stuck with me. This morning I did not follow my ritual. Started late and never caught up. Argh.
I don’t beat myself up, but I do learn from it and purpose to get back to the ritual tomorrow. Another tactic I’ll put in place is to restart my evening ritual. The saying is true – if you end your day well, you’ll start your day well.
Today, I spent time doing:
- Morning devotion with my wife
- meals with the family
- took my two oldest daughters to get new glasses with their new prescriptions
- planning marketing activities for business ventures
- reading kids a bed time story
What I liked about today:
- spending an extended time doing errands with my daughters
- creatively thinking about business
- fitting in the morning devotion even though we got a late start
- ending the day earlier than recent nights